Skip to main content

Why do so many men want to control their woman?

Why do so many men want to control their woman? As we all see in the news, and in real life docudramas, we can see the frightening facts about many women that have been killed by the man they love. This is real life. This happens all over the world. Some of these young women were murdered on their honeymoon. While others were murdered at their home. Sometimes in front of the children. Other times during the night. Imagine, a woman is going about her everyday life, then one day, she meets a man. Their eyes meet, sparks fly, they begin to date, often they get married, and go on to have children. So, at what point does the man become possessive? When does he take control of her life? A better question, why would a woman give her soul to this man? Was it during the dating period? Does this happen overnight? When does the man become in control of the woman? This woman was free to do what she wanted before, and now she is with a man who controls her every move. Women everywhere are losing their freedom to the man their with. But why? Do they not know that this is abuse that will only escalate faster than they will ever realize. Many women are disrespected, abused, and cheated on by the man they love. In many cases, the man is proud and macho about the control he has over his household. In his mind, he can do whatever he wants with whomever he wants, and the wife better be okay with it. I wonder how this would work if the shoe were on the other foot? Maybe in a few cases there are abusive women out there doing the same thing, but this is rare. Would these machismo men be okay with their wife disrespecting them, abusing them, cheating on them, leaving them? Oh, of course not. What's good for the geese, is never good for the gander. Either way, why does a person not stand up for themselves? We should never, ever allow a person to take control of our life and tell us what we can and can't do. We should never sweep physical abuse under the rug as if it is not happening. Many women are belittled, humiliated, and so much more. There is help out there. The National Domestic Hotline is available 24/7 at 800-799-7233. They have helped many women and their children escape this exhausting life. It doesn't hurt to call. If you or someone you know is in this type of relationship, please get help. You do not want to be another number added to the domestic violence deaths. You can find the freedom you once knew. 

Please don't ever allow yourself to be controlled by anyone. If you have, isn't it time to dust yourself off and start living for you. It's better to be single, than to be with an abusive partner. 

Be strong, Be beautiful, Be you to the fullest. 

With Warmest Regards, 

Sandra Moreno 

My books on this type of life can be ordered on the link below. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sandra-Moreno/e/B0891TTR76/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A pinch of, "Her Jealous Husband," one of the stories in my book, "The Wives of Machismo."

Soon, Victoria is coming to work with bruises on her arms and face. Her Boss watches her every day and realizes that she's everything that he's ever wanted in a woman. At forty-two years old, he's never been married because he has never found, "the one." A few weeks pass and Victoria doesn't show up to work one day. Her boss calls her house but doesn't get an answer. He's really worried about her so he drives over to her house. He knocks on the door. Victoria slowly cracks the door open. What he saw stopped him. He could barely recognize Victoria. Her face was swollen and purple. One eye was completely closed shut. "You shouldn't be here," says Victoria softly. "Oh my God! Victoria, are you okay?" he asks in a panic. "I'm okay, she says in a quiet voice. "Victoria, get your purse and whatever you can't leave behind and come with me, now." he says as tears begin to roll down his face. She stutters, "W

One day, you may just walk away.

Many women spend their whole life in an unhappy relationship. They stay for security. They stay for their children. They stay because they are fearful to take that step. But, sometimes, a woman who has endured hurt, sadness and disrespect from her husband, will one day, walk away.  Fear keeps many women under the thumb of a man. Usually, this man is disrespectful, a liar, and a cheater. These types of men are usually bothered by the presence of their wife. Once a man has other women on the side, their wife can't do anything right.  My short story books take you behind the scenes in this type of life. Some women sadly stay, some bravely leave, and a few witness their husband get the karma they deserve.  Click on link below and take a peek.  https://sandramoreno.org/

When he said, "I DO."

When he said I do, he made his plans to own me. When he said I do, he began to be rude to me. When he said I do, I began to annoy him. When he said I do, he found fault in everything I did. When he said I do, he started to raise his voice to me. When he said I do, I was not attractive to him anymore. When he said I do, he no longer enjoyed my presence. When he said I do, he started to be mean to me. When he said I do, he began to disrespect me. When he said I do, he started to touch me with anger. When he said I do, he began to cheat on me. When he said I do, he became jealous of any person who made me happy. When he said I do, he started telling me what I can and can't do. When he said I do, he started to control me. When he said I do, he slapped me. When he said I do, nothing I ever said was right. When he said I do, he made me feel stupid. When he said I do, he started to get mad more often. When he said I do, he started to throw things in anger. When he said I do, he found othe