Skip to main content

Why Are So Many Women Being Killed By The Man They Love? 


It seems like everytime you turn on the news, you hear that another woman was killed by her boyfriend or husband. Some of these women recently left the abusive man, and somehow he finds and kills her anyways. There are so many men that are possessive and abusive. Numerous women find themselves living an exhausting life of being abused by the man they love. How does this happen? At what point does a woman completely submit herself to a man? Let’s think about the moment she meets him. Their eyes meet, then, she smiles, he smiles, and the dating begins. They take a drive, go to dinner, or the movies. Holding hands and kissing feels so right with this person. Before you know it, the lovemaking begins. You feel so amazing with this man. He does everything just right. You feel special and loved. Then, the moment comes, the moment that he does or says something that makes you fearful. You’re shocked and saddened. Now, this is the exact moment that you should run, not walk, away from this person. Cut all ties with him, immediately. As difficult as it may sound, this is for the best. Do it before you get any deeper into the relationship. If you don’t, this will only be the beginning of a hurtful and dangerous life filled with fear and abuse. “But, I love him,” is what many say. You need to love yourself more. If you stay, you will endure a lifetime of abuse, even if you do decide to leave him one day, it may be too late. Like many of the women on the news. They waited so many years to finally leave an abusive relationship, only to be killed by the man they once loved. Don’t you see, you have to leave right away, at the first sign of abuse or he will control you for the rest of your life. The longer you wait, the more danger you’re in. If this lifestyle doesn’t kill you, it will certainly age you fast. All of your own hopes and dreams you once had will go out the window. This type of man is disrespectful and says things to you that will degrade you and make you feel like you are so unworthy. Why would you stay with a man like that? Somebody who abuses you is a big coward. A man that truly loves you, will never hurt you or wish you harm. Usually this type of man is lacking something that makes him feel like less of a man and treats his woman like this to feel macho. Or, he’s continuously cheating and treats his wife this way because of his own guilt. Women, you should be fearless from the very beginning. Love yourself so much that you would never allow a man to disrespect or control you. You must not only have a strong voice, but you need to use it. If you’re not used to speaking up for yourself, your voice may shake at first, but trust me, you will get used to it and get better at it. Stand up for yourself. Don’t let him get away with being mean to you. Speak your mind at all times. A man won’t respect you, until you respect yourself. Remember, if you allow a man to be abusive to you, it will only get worse as the years pass. Keep in mind, abuse isn’t just physical, it’s mental as well. Mental abuse may be worse than physical in many cases. When you are controlled simply by his presence, yes, that’s mental abuse. If you’re a woman in this type of relationship, how long should you live this way? Until you’re thirty? Forty? Fifty? Or, are you going to wake up one day when you’re elderly, filled with regrets. Regretting that you never truly lived because you were always under the control of a man. I always say this; If you can wake up everyday and be exactly who you want to be, then you’re living a good life. If you feel threatened and afraid of the man that you’re with and want to talk to someone or get out of the relationship, there is tremendous help out there. The National Domestic Hotline is available 24/7 and can be reached at 1-800-799-7233. In Fort Bend County, you may call 281-342-4357. It doesn’t hurt to call and talk to somebody. They are there to help and protect you. Don’t become another woman that was killed by the man she loved.

Author, Writer, Journalist, Advocate & Motivational Speaker, Sandra Moreno


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A pinch of, "Her Jealous Husband," one of the stories in my book, "The Wives of Machismo."

Soon, Victoria is coming to work with bruises on her arms and face. Her Boss watches her every day and realizes that she's everything that he's ever wanted in a woman. At forty-two years old, he's never been married because he has never found, "the one." A few weeks pass and Victoria doesn't show up to work one day. Her boss calls her house but doesn't get an answer. He's really worried about her so he drives over to her house. He knocks on the door. Victoria slowly cracks the door open. What he saw stopped him. He could barely recognize Victoria. Her face was swollen and purple. One eye was completely closed shut. "You shouldn't be here," says Victoria softly. "Oh my God! Victoria, are you okay?" he asks in a panic. "I'm okay, she says in a quiet voice. "Victoria, get your purse and whatever you can't leave behind and come with me, now." he says as tears begin to roll down his face. She stutters, "W

One day, you may just walk away.

Many women spend their whole life in an unhappy relationship. They stay for security. They stay for their children. They stay because they are fearful to take that step. But, sometimes, a woman who has endured hurt, sadness and disrespect from her husband, will one day, walk away.  Fear keeps many women under the thumb of a man. Usually, this man is disrespectful, a liar, and a cheater. These types of men are usually bothered by the presence of their wife. Once a man has other women on the side, their wife can't do anything right.  My short story books take you behind the scenes in this type of life. Some women sadly stay, some bravely leave, and a few witness their husband get the karma they deserve.  Click on link below and take a peek.  https://sandramoreno.org/

When he said, "I DO."

When he said I do, he made his plans to own me. When he said I do, he began to be rude to me. When he said I do, I began to annoy him. When he said I do, he found fault in everything I did. When he said I do, he started to raise his voice to me. When he said I do, I was not attractive to him anymore. When he said I do, he no longer enjoyed my presence. When he said I do, he started to be mean to me. When he said I do, he began to disrespect me. When he said I do, he started to touch me with anger. When he said I do, he began to cheat on me. When he said I do, he became jealous of any person who made me happy. When he said I do, he started telling me what I can and can't do. When he said I do, he started to control me. When he said I do, he slapped me. When he said I do, nothing I ever said was right. When he said I do, he made me feel stupid. When he said I do, he started to get mad more often. When he said I do, he started to throw things in anger. When he said I do, he found othe